I love to write for children as well as adults. It satisfies the imaginative kid in me: the 9-year-old who never left. I’ve written nonfiction articles for kids for Science News. And I’m in progress on a middle-grade novel.
Some great links for children’s book aficionados and writers:
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
- The Purple Crayon: An imaginatively titled website full of nuts and bolts advice and resources for writers, run by Harold Underdown.
- Author Jane Yolen’s website, packed with resources
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
- The R. Michelson Museum Children’s Book Illustration Collection